Last month, Follain hosted two Beauty Class events at both their DC + Nantucket locations. The classes were taught by Soapwalla founder and chef, Rachel Winard, where she met with each guest and created a customized facial toning mist.
We also held a Pop-Up last month at Brooklyn Body Burn, one of Rachel's favorite fitness studios in Brooklyn.
DIY Herbal Dog Treats
For our furry friends during these dog days of summer
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 1 cup rice or oat flour
- 1 mashed banana or 1/3 cup yogurt (we like Anita's Coconut Yogurt)
- 1 Tbs eleuthero powder
- 1 Tbs astragalus powder (promotes lung and heart health)
- 1 Tbs echinacea powder (great for skin and coat, protects against stress-related ailments)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Blend all ingredients together until well mixed
- Roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness and cut into shapes. Cut them to about 1×1 inch in size
- Place on pre-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how crunchy your dogs like their treats. 15 minutes makes a soft treat once cool (better if your dog is small and you need to break up the treats prior to feeding). 20 minutes = slightly crunchier.
Note: You should consult with a veterinarian before altering or discontinuing any of your pet’s current medications, treatment or care or starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program.
*Recipe adapted from Mountain Rose Herbs
Soapwalla L O V E Across the Internet
Soapwalla will be at The Indie Beauty Expo on August 27, 2015 at the Altman Building in NYC. The event is open earlier in the day to retailers and buyers and from 5- 8pm exclusively for beauty lovers. More information is here. At the event you'll be able to try new products and discover the best that indie beauty has to offer (and have a complimentary drink while you're at it).
Queen of Earth, a thriller directed by Alex Ross Perry, will have a limited release on August 26th, 2015. The film stars not only the talented Elisabeth Moss but also features Soapwalla's luxury skincare products. Not too bad for little blue bottles that got their start in a Brooklyn kitchen!