The mercury is rising in the northern hemisphere and for our friends down under, it’s dipping! The back and forth from heat, humidity and sun, to the blasting air conditioning (or heating units, depending) leaves our skin confused and struggling to keep up. We list a few tips below to keep you cool and to ease the transition to summer-ready skin!
- Keep your facial toning mist, facial serum and deodorant in the fridge. The coolness is soothing and refreshing upon application, minimizes irritation, and extends shelf-life – win-win-win!
- Wear sunscreen everyday; it really is the first line of defense against sun exposure, which damages skin. We love this one by Josh Rosebrook!
- Good skin starts on the inside. Drink plenty of water. If you don’t want to carry around a large heavy bottle, we love these lightweight bottles from S’well.
- A great way to up your hydration game is to eat hydrating fruits and veggies like watermelon, zucchini, fennel, and asparagus. One of Soapwalla Chef’s Rachel’s favorite snacks are cucumbers and hummus. Hummus is delicious and protein-rich, and cucumbers are packed with water. Add some paprika and olive oil to the hummus for some extra flavor (and color)!
- Avoid having fans and AC blow directly on you while you sleep. If you live in an arid climate, a cool humidifier works wonders at keeping moisture in the air and preventing your skin from drying out.
- Cool baths are like teeny tiny swimming pools. Fill up the bath, make some iced tea, add your favorite bath salts, and relax. No bathtub, no problem, ‘tis the season of short quick cold showers! Be sure to moisturize your skin after your dip.
Image via Death to Stock